- Personal Information
The “personal information” means any information provided to the Institute through the Website which can identify individuals, including addresses, names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The personal information includes not only information directly identifying the individual from a name contained in it, but also information without a name that can identify the individual in combination with other information.
- Collection of Personal Information
The Institute will collect personal information through the Website basically by way of provision of the information based on the user’s voluntary will. The Institute will collect personal information to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of collection by clearly specifying such purpose.
- Scope of Information Collected and Purpose of Use
The Institute will collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate services of the Institute;
- To respond to user inquiries (including identity verification);
- To send e-mail to announce a new feature, update, campaign, etc. of a service used by a user, or inform a user about other services provided by the Institute;
- To announce maintenance, important information, etc. on an as-needed basis;
- To identify a user violating the Terms of Service or attempting to use a service for any unauthorized or improper purpose, so that the use of the service will be denied to them;
- To enable a user to inspect, change or delete their registered information or check the condition of their use; and
- Other purposes incidental to any of the above purposes of use.
- Limitations in Use of Personal Information
The Institute will use personal information provided by users within the limits of the purposes of collection specified in advance. Without the consent of the user concerned, the Institute will not use or provide personal information for any other purposes than the specified purposes of collection.However, this does not apply to certain exceptional cases provided for by the personal information protection law.
- Management of Personal Information
The Institute will strictly manage personal information collected from users, and will take adequate measures to prevent leakage, unauthorized use, falsification and other accidents with the information.
- Third Party Provision of Personal Information
The Institute will not provide personal information to a third party without the advance consent of the user concerned except in the following cases; except where it is permitted under the personal information protection law or other laws and regulations:
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned
- When it is especially necessary for the improvement in public health or the promotion of healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national government organ or local public agency, or a person delegated thereby to perform any business set forth in laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned is likely to cause a hindrance to the performance of the business
- When advance notice or announcement is given for the following matters, and the Institute submits notice to the Personal Information Protection Commission:
- A statement that the purpose of use includes third party provision;
- Items of the information to be provided to third parties;
- Means or method of provision to third parties;
- A statement that the provision of personal information to third parties can be discontinued when so requested by the person concerned; and
- The way of accepting the request from the person concerned.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the recipient of information will not be deemed to be a third party in any of the following cases:
- If the Institute entrusts the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the limits necessary for achievement of the purpose of use;
- If personal information is provided due to business succession incidental to a merger or any other cause; or
- Where personal information is shared with a specified person, if the person concerned is informed in advance of such fact, the items of personal information to be shared, scope of communal users, purpose of the use by users, and name of the person responsible for the management of such personal information, or if those items are provided in a state where the person concerned can easily know them.
- Guarantee of Security by Encryption of Communication Data
To securely exchange data requiring the protection of personal information, the Website uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for an e-mail form with an address starting with “https://.” However, the page may not be shown, or a user may be unable to enter information when the user changes browser settings or depending on network settings of the user side.
- Access Log Information
While the Website records information about the terminal by which a user accesses the Website as access log information (IP address, browser type, domain name, access time, etc.), such information cannot identify the individual. With regard to the access log information, while statistically processed data may be published, the information will not be used for any other purposes than the operation management of the Service.
- The contents of this Policy are subject to change without notice to users, unless otherwise provided for in laws and regulations or the Policy.
Please contact the following for any inquiries you may have about these Terms.
Address: Keihanna Plaza Lab, 1-7, Hikaridai, Seika-cho, Souraku-gun, Kyoto, Japan
Name: Public Foundation of Kansai Research Institute
Department: the section in charge of public relations of the General Affairs Planning Department
E-mail: shien[a]kri.or.jp *Replace [a] with @.